Chúng ta cùng đi phân tích những ví dụ sau để hiểu rõ hơn về dạng bài Advantages and Disadvantages trong bài IELTS Writing Task 2 nhé!
Ví dụ #1:
It has been said that the world is becoming a global village in which there are no boundaries to trade and communication.
Do the benefits of globalisation outweigh the drawbacks?
Positives (advantages or pros) of globalisation:
- Business is becoming increasingly international.
- A global economy means free trade between countries.
- This can strengthen political relationships.
- Globalisation can also create opportunities for employment.
- It encourages investment in less developed countries.
- It could reduce poverty in the developing world.
Negatives (disadvantages or cons) ofglobalisation:
- Globalisation can also lead to unemployment and exploitation.
- Companies move to countries where labour ischeap.
- This creates redundancies, or joblosses.
- Some companies exploit their employees in developing countries.
- Salaries are low and working conditions are oftenpoor.
- Global trade also creates excessive waste andpollution.
Ví dụ #2:
There are more cars on the roads these days and more accidents. As a result, some politicians have suggested that people should take regular driving tests throughout their lives, rather than one single test.
What do you think the advantages of repeating driving tests are? Do these outweigh the disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer.
Advantages (merits or profits):
- Useful in case of olderdrivers
- Good for people who don’t driveregularly
- Keep drivers up-to-date with roadrules
- Raises drivingstandards
- May prevent young people from driving toofast
Disadvantages (demerits or drawbacks):
- Learner drivers might have to wait longer for atest
- It may not be possible to include a written test everytime
- Difficult toorganize