Cùng phân tích 2 ví dụ dưới đây để hiểu rõ hơn về cách viết bài Writing task 2 về "Cause/Effect & Solutions" các bạn nhé!
Ví dụ #1:
Childhood obesity is becoming a serious problem in many countries. Explain the main causes and effects of this problem, and suggest some possible solutions.
- eat junk food e.g. hamburgers, chips, McDonald's / drink sugary soft drinks
- lack of exercise / sedentary life style/physical activity contributes to the obesityproblem
- play computer games / chat on the net, rather than playing outside or doingsport
- these problems lead to obesity / children are overweight, unhealthy, unfit
- a higher risk of diseases e.g. diabetes, heart disease,cancer
- put a strain on hospitals / they will be a burden on hospitals in the future
- it is the parents', schools', governments' responsibility to...
- give children healthy food, control what they eat, ensure that they have a healthy diet, limit junk foodadvertising
- restrict the time they spend playing computer games, encouraging them to take regularexercise
Ví dụ #2:
Many criminals re-offend after they have been punished.
Why do some people continue to commit crimes after they have been punished, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
Causes of crime and re-offending:
- The main causes of crime are poverty, unemployment and lack of education.
- People who commit crimes often have no other way of making a living.
- The prison system can make the situationworse.
- Offenders mix with other criminals who can be a negative influence.
- A criminal record makes finding a job moredifficult.
- Many prisoners re-offend when they arereleased.
Possible measures to reduce crime and re-offending:
- Prisons should provide education or vocationaltraining.
- Rehabilitation programmes prepare prisoners for release into society.
- Community service is another way to reformoffenders.
- It makes offenders useful in their localcommunities.
- They might be required to talk to school groups or clean public areas
- Offenders also need help when looking for accommodation and work.