Book là một chủ đề quen thuộc và thường được ra nhiều trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Hôm nay, chúng ta cùng tìm hiểu một chút về các câu hỏi hay gặp nhé.
IELTS Speaking Part 2 topic Book
Một số đề hay gặp theo chủ đề này như:
- Describe a book that you have read recently.
- Describe a book that you like / your favorite book.
- Describe a newspaper / magazine that you like.
- Describe a time when you found an interesting book / story / article
Với đề thứ nhất, chúng ta cùng tham khảo bài mẫu sau:
Describe a book that you have read recently.
You should say about:
- What is the name of the book;
- What it is about;
- Why do you find it interesting/ boring;
- How important it is to you.
Hãy cùng áp dụng công thức A.R.E.A cho bài này nhé.
Ai chưa biết rõ công thức này thi cùng xem lại bài viết: Công thức A.R.E.A trong IELTS Speaking và ví dụ cụ thể cho từng Part
So today I would like to tell about the book that I have read recently, whose name is “Take care of mom”, a mini-novel by a Korean writer. As an admirer of novel, I cherish the value that is brought by this book for several reasons.
“Take care of mom” is a worth-reading book for some reasons. It describes a series of touching stories between the writer and his mother. Throughout the book, the author tells about the trip of coming back to her hometown to visit mom. On the train home, the scenery of the Korean countryside is described like a picture with traditional houses of this country and the image of the author’s mom emerges. Many stories were told but the most evident thing is mom’s sacrifice to support the whole family and her wishes and expectations for her only daughter to become a teacher.
Besides, many childhood memories of the writer are also told in the book, which remind us of the good old days that we all experienced when we were young. The book is a peaceful picture and a combination of memories, journeys, and even regret and sorrow.
Thanks to this book, I have realized some important things about family, which are motherhood, family bonding and the affection that members give each other. The book cheers me up a lot whenever I read it, it gives me a lot of motivation to try my best so as to make my mom happy and proud of me.
Bìa sách của bài Sample
- Admirer (n) /ədˈmaɪr.ɚ/: người hâm mộ
- Cherish (v) /ˈtʃer.ɪʃ/: trân trọng, yêu quý
- Touching (adj) /ˈtʌtʃ.ɪŋ/: cảm động
- Emerge (v) /ɪˈmɝːdʒ/: nổi lên, hiện lên
- Evident (adj) /ˈev.ə.dənt/: hiển nhiên
- Sacrifice (n), (v) /ˈsæk.rə.faɪs/: (sự) hy sinh
- Motherhood (n) /ˈmʌð.ɚ.hʊd/: tình mẫu tử
- Family bonding (n) /ˈfæm.əl.i ˈbɑːn.dɪŋ/: sự gắn kết trong gia đình
- To support the whole family: kiếm tiền nuôi gia đình
- To cheer Sb up : làm ai vui vẻ
IELTS Speaking part 3 topic Book
Và chúng ta chuyển sang Part 3 với một số câu hỏi như sau:
1. What are the most popular types of children’s books in your country?
I would say it’s a toss-up between fantasy and reality fiction. Fantasy is a genre filled with stories that are full of impossible things that could not take place in reality, such as magic and talking animals, often set in a different world or universe. This genre actively develops the reader’s imagination through it’s world-building. Reality fiction, ^ on the other hand, is firmly rooted in reality so requires less of an active connection to the imagination. The stories are still fictitious, but they could happen to anyone as the plots deal with events such as falling in love, work, and addiction.
2. What are the benefits of parents^ reading books to their children?
I think the benefits have been well documented, research has shown that reading to a child can be highly beneficial to his development. They will have a chance to learn new vocabulary, practice their pronunciation, improve their listening skills and develop their creativity and imagination, which has a lasting impact on their A intelligence. In addition, it is also a valuable social interaction between parents and children that can be used as a bonding opportunity.
3. Should parents always let their children choose the books they read?
I think it is a great motivational tool that could in fact make them better readers. I am an avid reader, but I still remember how much I hated being assigned books at school that I had no interest in. I also understand the concern that a parent might have about their children reading the “wrong thing” or choosing something out of their ability, so I would think that a good middle ground would be for a parent to present choices to children and tailor the experience to their needs and make them feel that their opinion matters in the choice.
4. What are the advantages of parents reading electronic books (compared to printed books)?
There are a number of things to consider, off the top of my head, I can think of two: cost and accessibility. Since there is no physical copy of the book, e-books will generally be priced lower than their physical counterpart.
If you are a parent looking to stretch your wallet as far as it will go, this seems like a valid point to consider. That is followed by how accessible they are. I could, in this ▼ instant, search for a book on my device, buy it and have it delivered instantly to the palm of my hand without ever having to get up.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 topic Book
- It's a toss-up: đây là một lựa chọn khó khăn
- Genre(n): thể loại
- World-building(n): việc xây dựng hoặc tạo ra một thế giới mới
- Fictitious(adj): hư cấu, giả tưởng
- A lasting impact: tác động / ấn tượng còn mãi
- Bonding (adj): gắn kết, kết nối
- Motivational tool: công cụ thúc đẩy
- An avid reader: một người yêu đọc sách
- A good middle ground: một mức độ trung
- Tailor(v): dệt lên, tạo lên
- Stretch one's wallet(idm): tiết kiệm tiền bạc
- The palm of one's hand: tận tay
Trên đây là một số câu hỏi và câu trả lời mẫu, các bạn tham khảo theo chủ đề Book nha!