Đố vui tiếng Anh là cách vừa đem lại sự giải trí vừa rèn luyện trí não đồng thời ghi nhớ tiếng Anh hiệu quả hơn. Hãy cùng thử sức với các câu đố tiếng Anh hay, đơn giản kèm đáp án và phiên âm dưới đây nhé.
100+ câu đố tiếng Anh vui có đáp án
Note: Câu đố bằng tiếng Anh không chỉ để vui mà với các bạn mới học , đây là cách học, ghi nhớ từ vựng và luyện phát âm chuẩn hơn. Do đó, ở mấy câu đầu ví dụ, IELTS Fighter đều ghi phiên âm bên cạnh, bạn nhớ đọc chính xác, luyện tập luôn nhé. Tiếp tục bạn tự tìm phát âm chuẩn với Cambridge Dictionary hoặc Oxford để biết cách đọc chuẩn nhé.
Đặc biệt chú ý cách phát âm của các âm s, ed sau cùng. Chi tiết về quy tắc phát âm các đuôi này, bạn xem tại: Cách phát âm s, es, ed và bài tập có đáp án
Các câu đố vui tiếng Anh dưới đây có câu khó, có câu dễ và mẹo riêng nên hãy chú ý kỹ nhé!
1. What has ears but can not hear?
/wɒt/ /hæz/ /ɪərz//bʌt//kæn//hɪər/?
Đáp án : Corn /kɔːn/ (an ear of com /æn//ɪər/ /əv/ /kɒm/: 1 bắp ngô)
2. What clothing is always sad?
Đáp án : Blue jeans /bluː/ /dʒiːnz/ (Blue còn là từ thể hiện tâm trạng buồn)
3. What key does not lock the door?
Đáp án : Key words /kiː/ /wɜːdz/
4. Where does June come before May?
/weər/ /dʌz/ /dʒuːn/ /kʌm/ /bɪˈfɔːr/ /meɪ/
Đáp án : Dictionary /ˈdɪk.ʃən.ər.i/
5. What comes twice in a moment, once in a minute and never in a hundred years?
/wɒt//kʌmz//twaɪs//ɪn/ /ə/ /ˈməʊ.mənt/, /wʌns//ɪn/ /ə/ /ˈmɪn.ɪt/ /ænd/ /ˈnev.ər/ /ɪn/ /ə/ /ˈhʌn.drəd/ /jɪərz/
Đáp án : Letter “M”
6. What is it that was the past of tomorrow and the future of yesterday?
/wɒt/ /ɪz//ɪt//ðæt//wɒz//ðiː/ /pɑːst/ /əv/ /təˈmɒr.əʊ//ænd//ðiː//ˈfjuː.tʃər//əv/ /ˈjes.tə.deɪ/
Đáp án : Today /təˈdeɪ/ (ngày hôm nay)
7. What belongs only to you but it is used more by others than by yourself?
/wɒt//bɪˈlɒŋz//ˈəʊn.li//tuː//juː//bʌt/ /ɪt//ɪz/ /juːst/ /mɔːr//baɪ/ /ˈʌð•ərz//ðæn//baɪ//jɔːˈself/?
Đáp án : Your name (tên của bạn) /jɔːr/ /neɪm/
8. What increases but never decreases?
/wɒt/ /ɪnˈkriːss/ /bʌt/ /ˈnev.ər/ /dɪˈkriːss/
Đáp án : Your age (tuổi tác)/jɔːr//eɪdʒ/
9. Which months have the 28th day?
/wɪtʃ/ /mʌnθs//hæv/ /ðiː/28th /deɪ/
Đáp án : All months (tất cả các tháng) /ɔːl/ /mʌnθs/
10. What are the two things that people never eat before breakfast?
/wɒt/ /ɑːr/ /ðiː//tuː/ /θɪŋz/ /ðæt/ /ˈpiː.pəl//ˈnev.ər//iːt//bɪˈfɔːr/ /ˈbrek.fəst/
Đáp án : Lunch and Dinner /lʌntʃ/ /ænd/ /ˈdɪn.ər/
11. Who works only one day in a year but never gets fired?
/huː/ /wɜrks/ /ˈəʊn.li/ /wʌn/ /deɪ//ɪn/ /ə/ /jɪər//bʌt//ˈnev.ər/ /ɡets/ /faɪərd/
Đáp án : Santa Claus /ˈsæn.tə ˌklɔːz/
12. What has three hands but only one face?
/wɒt/ /hæz/ /θriː/ /hændz//bʌt/ /ˈəʊn.li//wʌn//feɪs/
Đáp án : A clock /ə/ /klɒk/
13. When I eat, I live but when I drink, I die. Who am I?
/wen/ /aɪ/ /iːt/,/aɪ//lɪv/ /bʌt//wen/ /aɪ//drɪŋk//daɪ/. /huː/ /æm//aɪ/?
Đáp án : Fire (lửa)/faɪər/
14. They travel all over the world but end up in one corner. What are they?
/ðeɪ/ /ˈtræv.əl/ /ɔːl/ /ˈəʊ.vər/ /ðiː//wɜːld//bʌt/ /end//ʌp//ɪn/ /wʌn/ /ˈkɔː.nər/. /wɒt/ /ɑːr/ /ðeɪ/?
Đáp án : Stamps /stæmps/
15. What kind of cup can't hold water
/wɒt//kaɪnd/ /əv/ /kʌp/ /kænt/ /həʊld/ /ˈwɔː.tər/
Đáp án : a cupcake /ə/ /ˈkʌp.keɪk/
16. What bank never has any money
/wɒt//bæŋk/ /ˈnev.ər/ /hæz/ /ˈen.i/ /ˈmʌn.i/
Đáp án : the riverbank /ðiː/ /ˈrɪvəˌbæŋk/
17. What ship has two mates but no captain?
/wɒt//ʃɪp/ /hæz/ /tuː/ /meɪts//bʌt//nəʊ/ /ˈkæp.tɪn/
Đáp án : a relationship /ə/ /rɪˈleɪ.ʃən.ʃɪp/
18. What comes down but never goes up
/wɒt//kʌmz/ /daʊn/ /bʌt/ /ˈnev.ər//ɡəʊz/ /ʌp/
Đáp án : Rain /reɪn/
19. What is the longest word in the dictionary
/wɒt/ /ɪz/ /ðiː//lɒŋɪst//wɜːd//ɪn//ðiː/ /ˈdɪk.ʃən.ər.i/
Đáp án : Smiles /smaɪlz/
20. How can somebody walk for 8 days without sleeping
/haʊ/ /kæn/ /ˈsʌm.bə.di/ /wɔːk//fɔːr/ /eɪt/ /deɪz/
Đáp án : He sleeps only at night /hiː//sliːps//ˈəʊn.li/ /æt/ /naɪt/
21. What has three ways out and just one way in?
/wɒt/ /hæz/ /θriː/ /weɪz//aʊt/ /ænd/ /dʒʌst/ /wʌn/ /weɪ/ /ɪn/
Đáp án : A t-shirt /ə/ /ˈtiː ʃɜːt/
22. I have every color but no gold. What am I
/aɪ/ /həv/ /ˈevri//ˈkʌlə(r)/ /bʌt//nəʊ/ /ɡəʊld/. /wɒt/ /æm//aɪ/?
Đáp án : a rainbow /ə/ /ˈreɪnbəʊ/
23. What goes through towns and over hills but never moves?
/wɒt/ /ɡəʊz/ /θruː/ /taʊnz//ænd//hɪlz//bʌt//ˈnev.ər//muːvz/
Đáp án : A road /ə/ /rəʊd/
24. Take off my skin - I won't cry but you will. What am I?
/teɪk//ɒf/ /maɪ/ /skɪn/ /aɪ/ /wəʊnt/ /kraɪ/ /bʌt/ /juː/ /wɪl/. /wɒt//æm//aɪ/?
Đáp án : An onion /ən//ˈʌnjən/
25. Which word contains 26 letters but only syllables?
/wɪtʃ//wɜːd/ /kənˈteɪnz/ 26 /ˈletə(r)z//bʌt/ /ˈəʊn.li//ˈsɪləbls/
Đáp án : alphabet /ˈælfəbet/
26. I can fly but have no wings.I can cry but I have no eyes. Wherever I go, darkness follows me. What am I?
/aɪ//kən/ /flaɪ/ /bʌt/ /həv//nəʊ//wɪŋs/. /aɪ/ /kən/ /kraɪ/ /bʌt/ /aɪ/ /həv/ /nəʊ/ /aɪz/. /weərˈevə(r)/ /aɪ//ɡəʊ/, /ˈdɑːknəs/ /ˈfɒləʊz//mi/./wɒt//æm//aɪ/?
Đáp án : Clouds /klaʊdz/
27. Which word in the English language is most frequently spelled wrong?
/wɪtʃ//wɜːd//ɪn/ /ðiː/ /ˈɪŋɡlɪʃ/ /ˈlæŋɡwɪdʒ/ /ɪz/ /məʊst//ˈfriːkwəntli/ /speld//rɒŋ/?
Đáp án : wrong /rɒŋ/
28. What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at midday, and three legs in the evening?
/wɒt//wɔːks//ɒn/ /fɔː(r)/ /leɡz//ɪn//ðiː/ /ˈmɔːnɪŋ/, /tuː/ /leɡz/ /ət/ /ˌmɪdˈdeɪ/ /ænd/ /θriː/ /leɡz/ /ɪn//ðiː/ /ˈiːvnɪŋ/
Đáp án: Man /mæn/
29. What tastes better than it smells?
Đáp án: A Tongue.
30. What kind of room has no doors or windows?
Đáp án: A Mushroom.
31. During what month do people sleep the least?
Đáp án: February, it's the shortest month.
32. What is orange and sounds like a parrot?
Đáp án: A Carrot.
33. What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
Đáp án: Short
34. Two children are born on the same day by the same mother but they are not twins. How is that possible?
Đáp án: They are triplets!
35. Henry's mother had three children. The first child was named Spring, The second child was named Winter. What was the third child's name?
Đáp án: Henry of course.
36. What has four wheels and flies?
Đáp án: A garbage truck.
37. What gets wetter the more it dries?
Đáp án: A towel.
38. Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
Đáp án: Incorrectly
39. You cannot keep this until you have given it. What is it?
Đáp án: A promise.
40. What spends all the time on the floor but never gets dirty?
Đáp án: Your Shadow.
41. What part of the chicken has the most feathers?
Đáp án: The Outside.
42. What goes up and down but never moves?
Đáp án:The stairs.
43. What sounds like a sneeze and is made out of leather?
Đáp án: A shoe
44. What always goes to sleep with shoes on?
Đáp án: A horse
45. What has a bottom at the top?
Đáp án: Your legs.
46. If two is company and three is a crowd, what is four and five?
Đáp án: Nine of course.
47. What starts with an E, ends with an E and only has one letter in it?
Đáp án: An envelope
48. What runs but never walks?
Đáp án: A tap.
49. What is a chickens favourite vegetable?
Đáp án: An eggplant.
50. What kind of vegetable needs a plumber?
Đáp án: A Leek.
51. If Y.E.S spells "yes", what does E.Y.E.S spell?
works best when said to a friend and not read
52. How far can a bear walk into the woods?
Đáp án: Halfway.
53. Which 5 letter words in the dictionary can be pronounced the same, even if it has 4 of its letters removed?
Đáp án: Queue
54. What is something that you can easily hold in your right hand but never in your left hand?
Đáp án: Your left elbow.
55. Which word in the dictionary starts and finishes with the letter E, but only has one letter?
Đáp án: Envelope.
56. What has a neck but doesn't have a head?
Đáp án: A bottle.
57. What begins with the letter P, finishes with the letter E and has over a thousand letters in it?
Đáp án: Post Office.
58. If everyone decided to purchase only pink cars, what would we have?
Đáp án: A pink carnation.
59. What is so unbelievably fragile that just by speaking it's name will break it?
Đáp án: Silence.
60. Walk on the living, they don't even mumble. Walk on the dead and they mutter and grumble. What are they?
Đáp án: Leaves
61. There are 10 kids and a bowl with 10 oranges in it. How do divide up the oranges so that every kid gets and orange but one remains in the bowl?
Đáp án: You give 9 kids an orange each and you give the tenth kid the bowl with the orange in it.
62. A young man is learning to drive. He travels the wrong way down a one way street and passes a policeman. The policeman sees him but does nothing. Why?
Đáp án: The young man was walking.
63. What starts with a T, ends with a T and is full of T?
Đáp án: A Teapot.
64. I am weightless, but put me in a bucket and I will make it lighter. What am I?
Đáp án: A hole.
65. What has many hearts but no other organs?
Đáp án: A deck of cards.
66. What sometimes freezes after it has been heated up?
Đáp án: A computer.
67. Plucked from a fruit, bitter like a root, burning and bold, or even cold when sold. What am I?
Đáp án: Coffee beans.
68. There are two monkeys on a tree and one jumps off. Why does the other monkey jump too?
Đáp án: Monkey see monkey do.
69. What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?
Đáp án: The future
70. What question can you never answer yes to?
Đáp án: Are you asleep yet?
71. I’m tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
Đáp án: A candle
72. A man dies of old age on his 25 birthday. How is this possible?
Đáp án: He was born on February 29.
73. The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
Đáp án: Darkness
74. Riddle: What has lots of eyes, but can’t see?
Đáp án: A potato
75. Riddle: What has one eye, but can’t see?
Đáp án: A needle
76. Riddle: What has many needles, but doesn’t sew?
Đáp án: A Christmas tree
77. What has hands, but can’t clap?
Đáp án: A clock
79. What has legs, but doesn’t walk?
Đáp án: A table
80. What has one head, one foot and four legs?
Đáp án: A bed
81. What can you catch, but not throw?
Đáp án: A cold
82. What kind of band never plays music?
Đáp án: A rubber band
83. What has many teeth, but can’t bite?
Đáp án: A comb
85. What is cut on a table, but is never eaten?
Đáp án: A deck of cards
86. Riddle: What has words, but never speaks?
Đáp án: A book
87. What runs all around a backyard, yet never moves?
Đáp án: A fence
88. What can travel all around the world without leaving its corner?
Đáp án: A stamp
89. What has a thumb and four fingers, but is not a hand?
Đáp án: A glove
90. What has a head and a tail but no body?
Đáp án: A coin
91. Where does one wall meet the other wall?
Đáp án: On the corner
92. What building has the most stories?
Đáp án: The library
93. What tastes better than it smells?
Đáp án: Your tongue
94. What has 13 hearts, but no other organs?
Đáp án: A deck of cards
95. What kind of coat is best put on wet?
Đáp án: A coat of paint
96. What has a bottom at the top?
Đáp án: Your legs
97. What has four wheels and flies?
Đáp án: A garbage truck
98. I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?
Đáp án: Seven
99. If two’s company, and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?
Đáp án: Nine
100. What three numbers, none of which is zero, give the same result whether they’re added or multiplied?
Đáp án: One, two and three
101.Three doctors said that Bill was their brother. Bill says he has no brothers. How many brothers does Bill actually have?
Đáp án: None. He has three sisters.
102. Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?
Đáp án: They are a grandfather, father and son.
103. The day before yesterday I was 21, and next year I will be 24. When is my birthday?
Đáp án: December 31; today is January 1.
104. A little girl goes to the store and buys one dozen eggs. As she is going home, all but three break. How many eggs are left unbroken?
Đáp án: Three
105. If there are three apples and you take away two, how many apples do you have?
Đáp án: You have two apples.
106. What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
Đáp án: Short
107. What begins with an “e” and only contains one letter?
Đáp án: An envelope
108. What would you find in the middle of Toronto?
Đáp án: The letter “o”
109. You see me once in June, twice in November and not at all in May. What am I?
Đáp án: The letter “e”
110. Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What is it?
Đáp án: The letter “r”
111. I am the beginning of everything, the end of everywhere. I’m the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space. What am I?
Đáp án: Also the letter “e”
112. What 4-letter word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?
Đáp án: NOON
113. Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?
Đáp án: The word “not”
114. What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 2/4 goat?
Đáp án: Chicago
115. I am a word of letters three; add two and fewer there will be. What word am I?
Đáp án: Few
116. What word of five letters has one left when two are removed?
Đáp án: Stone
117. What is the end of everything?
Đáp án: The letter “g”
118. What word is pronounced the same if you take away four of its five letters?
Đáp án: Queue
119. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
Đáp án: A river
120. Speaking of rivers, a man calls his dog from the opposite side of the river. The dog crosses the river without getting wet, and without using a bridge or boat. How?
Đáp án: The river was frozen.
121. What can fill a room but takes up no space?
Đáp án: Light
122. If you drop me I’m sure to crack, but give me a smile and I’ll always smile back. What am I?
Đáp án: A mirror
123. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
Đáp án: Footsteps
124. People make me, save me, change me, raise me. What am I?
Đáp án: Money
125. What breaks yet never falls, and what falls yet never breaks?
Đáp án: Day, and night
126. What goes through cities and fields, but never moves?
Đáp án: A road
127. I have lakes with no water, mountains with no stone and cities with no buildings. What am I?
Đáp án: A map
128. What does man love more than life, hate more than death or mortal strife; that which contented men desire; the poor have, the rich require; the miser spends, the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to their graves?
Đáp án: Nothing
Nguồn: tổng hợp từ Funny Riddles, Parade, keeplaughingforever.